Sunday, May 25, 2008

Assignment 1-2

To me pop culture is something or a group of things that defines a generation. I can't even name all of the items from the 80's and 90's that I feel define my generation.




Understanding popular culture is important in a business field because you should know your customer base. It's also extremely helpful in advertising.




Speaking of advertising, the popular culture icon I chose is the Taco Bell Chihuahua. This is an advertising gimmick that hasn't been on tv for years but people still remember. Owning a chihuaua, I hear this all the time. "You have one of those Taco Bell dogs!" At taco bell drive thru - "Your dog is like.. our mascot!" Besides television and radio ads; that chihuahua spawned a series of toys, and numerous catch phrases. Yo quiero taco bell!


No comments: