Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Assignment 1-3


For this assignment I read the article Psychotropia: Media, Medicine, and the Virtual Asylum. By Lawrence Rubin. Here's a link to it - http://0-search.ebscohost.com.olinkserver.franklin.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=20068908&site=ehost-live

In this article the author talks about the over-medication of our society. How it's become chic to be on psychotropic drugs. He says that the media has convinced us that there's something psychologically wrong with each of us. I know for a fact that there is in my case. I don't know about the rest of the world though. I don't really agree with the author's point of view. I think these drugs should be available to those who need them. Like me! Speaking of which I need to take my meds and go to bed. Nite nite!

No comments: