Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekly Analysis Assignment 4-1


This week, in accordance with the heroes or celebrities paper and discussion, I’d like to talk about celebrity reality shows. It all started with The Osbournes I think. Now we have Hogan Knows Best, Gene Simmons’ Family Jewels, Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood, the list goes on. Do people actually watch this stuff? I admit watching Gene Simmons argue with some dr’s assistant about wearing underwear was a little amusing. I caught that while flipping through channels; I don’t watch reality tv…. Ever. Reality is honestly enough reality for me. Since when do we need to watch other people’s lives instead of living our own? Then again I’m not much of a TV viewer, unless it’s educational or game shows. I need more stimulation than TV normally offers. I don’t even understand why people would agree to have someone film them. There’s money involved, I’m sure. Most celebrities complain of paparazzi but some let them move in. What’s the difference if it’s going to be on TV? More people would see it on TV than in a magazine… wouldn’t that be a bad thing if it was personal? All around, I don’t understand the point of reality shows. I’m going to stop here before I start discussing COPS.
Picture taken from www.cops.com

No comments: